Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Call to Stratford

Had the most brilliant idea the other day: we should all go to Stratford after exams (or during the summer), bring some good books, get some good food, some wine, and catch a show or two--the Glass Menagerie looks really good. What do you say, friends? (tickets are only $20, drop me a line if you are interested)

I never professed to be a big theatre person, and the only experience (musicals don't count) I've had with real theatre is limited to this understandably embarassing one time at Angels in America with my potentially homophobic mother. But I always liked Tennessee Williams--the gentle and tormented genius, last relic of the fading genteel south; all romantizations aside, I'm also addicted to a Streetcar Named Desire.

On that subject, while dining with (haha I love dining at New Ho) with Aliza after life drawing we bumped into two really burly obnoxious men from Louisiana who listened in to our conversation and joined in at their liberty, and burped liberally. God, what's more pathetic than being a hick and having your home washed away by Katrina?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

does this invitation extend in my direction as well?

Siqi said...

Not if I don't know who you are

Anonymous said...

I'm up for it :D Hehe if you want to see massive amount of theatre plays for free, come up to York :D

Anonymous said...

well, you could always find that out once we get there...

Anonymous said...

Last Night's Party

What site is that?