Monday, October 02, 2006

I Just Don't Love You Enough

I'm fine; a little rough around the edges, but fine, really.

School hasn't been treating me very well; a deep cut on the sole of my foot hurts like a mofo, and is daily beginning to resemble a gaping mouth that smiles at me tragically whenever I look down to inspect it; and just last Saturday, a vile mix of urine-feces-I-don't-want-to-know-what overflowed from my somehow backed-up toilet, damaged the dry wall on the apartment below us, and put Mt. Everest out of business for a couple of hours.

My very intimidating rough-neck superintendent came huffing and puffing: "You gotta pay for it", and looked as if he was gonna kill us. I guess that murderous look came from years of working as a slum lord.

But the day goes on, and what a day! You wake up under a perfectly blue sky with violent splashes of fall-foilage red and yellow, but soon have to cower under this roof or that, away from the fiendish wind a la Wuthering Heights. Hardly a better time to wear that sneering misanthropic look on your face.

That I'm good at at least. And the day goes on.

---

Fall is a new beginning of sorts, and I've recently begun to contribute to urbanphoto.net, a Montreal-centric urbanism photoblog. Go there and take a look if you like. This also means I'll be writing on a semi-regular basis with content syndicated on both blogs. So stay tuned.

1 comment:

doomed to be fabulous said...

Oh, you poor dear! Isn't the apartment insured by the superintendant?

I miss Canada's autumn inferno. The weather in France has been unpredictable; it rains and yet it's warm, the sun is out and yet I'm getting blisters from the chill. That's it, I'm going to Barcelona.

By the way, should I go to Madrid?