Monday, March 26, 2007

Urban Foibles: Cannibalism Next Door

Toronto, you've given me more and more reasons to love you.
\
Those who think that Toronto is merely a more vanilla New York City--a 110% correct assessment--should nevertheless heed this human interest story from the Star, the sheer grotesqueness of which earned it the top spot on the website's GTA page. Wincing and feigning disgust aside, more than a few of us are secretly elated that Toronto is finally breeding its own crop of passive-agressive psychos par excellence, instead of the much more mundane variety that haunts Spadina and Bloor in search of people willing to buy his dreamcatchers. It's a rite of passage for this young city of ours, no?
\
This story also confirms my long-held suspicion that cannibalistic pigeons are a greater threat to North American civilization than Iranian nukes or governmental ineptitude. The Mad Pigeon Disease shall no longer be the bane of the Land of Horse Manure, but will instead strike the heart of civilization, Eaton Centre.

2 comments:

A Deal Or No Deal said...

I knew one of us would blog about this, but I thought it would be me. I even started writing, but then I went and did something else as I so often do.

Anonymous said...

Cautiously looks at pet rock.