Monday, November 20, 2006

Miscellaneous Bits from the Santa Parade...

...which passed by my apartment this past (bleak) sunday afternoon, brought with it an army of screaming kids on curb side benches, and left in its wake an eerie, terrible void.

Sadly, the last time I saw the parade was last year, when I stood at University and Dundas, balancing myself on tip-toe, stuffing an 8-inch piece of street meat into my face.

This year, I decided to spend my time with more grown-up poise: I ran around in the apartment, panic-stricken in the face of impending doom in the form of a paper, sickishly awake due to previous night's insomnia and two cups of cheap brew from the west-end breakfast room Boom, hoping against hope that it would all become just a little easier to deal with.

Santa granted my wish in strange ways: Life brand earplugs, $2.99.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those ear plugs have saved my ear drums sooo many times. Without them, my hearing would be that of a 56 year old.